Thursday, October 17, 2013

A Gift

One of my friends (a rugby player,) gave me this workout in case any of you want to try it. It's deceptively intense. You have to pick a weight that's heavy enough that you can only lift it 8 times. When my friend does it, he does one exercise, goes all out, and then waits 60 seconds in between each set. But I don't have three hours to spend in the gym, so I usually just do two movements (i.e. one back movement and one bicep movement) and take 90 seconds between each group of movements. You could finish the workout in a little over an hour.

I just started it this week and I'm really, really sore -- which is good. I think I'll try it for a week or two (maybe not the whole ten weeks,) and then reevaluate. Let's do this. 



No comments:

Post a Comment